Grafana OPCUA Plugin failed to start

Viewed 324

I'm new to both portainer and grafana and I'm attempting to get an OPC UA connection up and running.

Grafana is running on a container on portainer. I have access to the front end/console etc.

When running "grafana-server restart" there are a few errors, some about port 3000 "address already in use". But what's important here, the opcua plugin fails to start with error:

Unrecognized remote plugin message: \n\nThis usually means that the plugin is either invalid or simply\nneeds to be recompiled to support the latest protocol.

I've installed using the basic "grafana-cli plugins install grafana-opcua-datasource" command. the OPCUA plugin is an option on the front end, however, testing it simply gives me a "plugin unavailable" popup. I have upgraded Grafana and updated the plugin. The Grafana version is high enough to work with the plugin (according to https://grafana.com/grafana/plugins/grafana-opcua-datasource/?tab=installation)

Anyone have any ideas of where I can at least look for problems?

Full error log from server restart:

EROR[02-08|13:24:31] Failed to start plugin                   logger=plugins.backend pluginId=grafana-opcua-datasource error="Unrecognized remote plugin message: \n\nThis usually means that the plugin is either invalid or simply\nneeds to be recompiled to support the latest protocol."
WARN[02-08|13:24:31] plugin failed to exit gracefully         logger=plugins.backend pluginId=grafana-opcua-datasource
EROR[02-08|13:24:32] A service failed                         logger=server err="failed to open listener on address 0.0.0.0:3000: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:3000: bind: address already in use"
EROR[02-08|13:24:32] Server shutdown                          logger=server reason="failed to open listener on address 0.0.0.0:3000: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:3000: bind: address already in use"
1 Answers

I've run into the same or similar problem:

NFO[04-21|07:01:05] Plugin registered                        logger=plugin.manager pluginId=alexanderzobnin-zabbix-app
INFO[04-21|07:01:05] Plugin registered                        logger=plugin.manager pluginId=grafana-clock-panel
INFO[04-21|07:01:05] Plugin registered                        logger=plugin.manager pluginId=grafana-opcua-datasource
EROR[04-21|07:01:05] Could not start plugin                   logger=plugin.manager pluginId=grafana-opcua-datasource err="Unrecognized remote plugin message: \n\nThis usually means that the plugin is either invalid or simply\nneeds to be recompiled to support the latest protocol."
INFO[04-21|07:01:05] Plugin registered                        logger=plugin.manager pluginId=grafana-piechart-panel
INFO[04-21|07:01:05] Plugin registered                        logger=plugin.manager pluginId=grafana-simple-json-datasource
INFO[04-21|07:01:05] Plugin registered                        logger=plugin.manager pluginId=alexanderzobnin-zabbix-datasource
INFO[04-21|07:01:05] Profiler                                 logger=plugin.alexanderzobnin-zabbix-datasource enabled=false
WARN[04-21|07:01:05] Plugin process is running with elevated privileges. This is not recommended logger=plugin.alexanderzobnin-zabbix-datasource
INFO[04-21|07:01:05] Query Service initialization             logger=query_data

It's a .net aplication right? i tried it in a dockerized enviroment on a debian host. logger=settings version=8.4.7 commit=23bf3ef043 branch=HEAD compiled=2022-04-19T16:05:49+0000

i also tried to add the .net enviroment:

FROM grafana/grafana:latest

USER root

RUN apk add bash icu-libs krb5-libs libgcc libintl libssl1.1 libstdc++ zlib wget
RUN apk add libgdiplus --repository https://dl-3.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/testing/

RUN mkdir -p /usr/share/dotnet \
    && ln -s /usr/share/dotnet/dotnet /usr/bin/dotnet 

RUN wget https://dot.net/v1/dotnet-install.sh
RUN chmod +x dotnet-install.sh
RUN ./dotnet-install.sh -c 3.1 --install-dir /usr/share/dotnet
RUN ./dotnet-install.sh -c 5.0 --install-dir /usr/share/dotnet
RUN ./dotnet-install.sh -c 6.0 --install-dir /usr/share/dotnet

RUN grafana-cli plugins install grafana-opcua-datasource

but with the same result.

Related