import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
import numpy as np
I have a 2D numpy array:
mock=\
np.array([[0.1,0.2,0.3],
[0.2,0.3,0.4],
[0.3,0.4,0.5],
[0.4,0.5,0.6],
[0.5,0.6,0.7],
[0.6,0.7,0.8],
[0.7,0.8,0.9]])
I plot these values using the tab20c colormap, from the so-called "Qualitative" colormaps:
plt.figure(figsize=(6,6))
im = plt.imshow(mock,cmap = "tab20c", vmin=0, vmax=1)
plt.colorbar(im)
How would I go about this if I wanted all the values below a certain value, let's say 0.25 having the same color as 0.25 has, replacing not only the colors in the plot itself, but also in the colorbar? The expected output would be then: all 3 squares in the top left corner to be red, bottom 5 rectangles in the colormap are also all red.
By doing this, I am essentially modifying the interval for the color red in the barchart: instead of showing values in the interval between 0.2 and 0.25 as red, the new version will show everything in the interval between 0 and 0.25 red.


