I'm making a function and class for it with POST method.
Since I use FastAPI, it automatically generates API docs (using OpenAPI specification and Swagger UI), where I can see the function's description or example data there.
My class and function are like below:
from pydantic import BaseModel, Field
from typing import Optional, List
@app.post("/user/item")
def func1(args1: User, args2: Item):
...
class User(BaseModel):
name: str
state: List[str]
class Config:
schema_extra = {
"example": {
"name": "Mike",
"state": ["Texas", "Arizona"]
}
}
class Item(BaseModel):
_id: int = Field(..., example=3, description="item id")
Through schema_extra and example attribute in Field, I can see the example value in Request body of function description.
It shows like
{
"args1": {
"name": "Mike",
"state": ["Texas", "Arizona"] # state user visits. <-- I'd like to add this here or in other place.
},
"args2: {
"_id": 3 <-- Here I can't description 'item id'
}
}
However, I'd like to add description or comments to example value, like # state user visits above.
I've tried to add description attribute of pydantic Field, but I think it shows only for parameters of get method.
Is there any way to do this? Any help will be appreciated.