how do I disable triggering of a Azure DevOps build pipeline every time it is saved?

Viewed 1236

Not only is the build pipeline I save triggered, but all my others are triggered as well every time I edit the YAML of any of my pipelines. How might I make this not happen? It's inconvenient to have to manually stop all the running jobs that automatically are spawned by the saving of one of my many pipelines.

LATER ON: The "answer" below doesn't really answer the question. What I discovered is that the pipleline YAML is actually stored in the repository with the code it works on, so any change to a pipeline triggers all the pipelines triggered by changes to the repo. This is why ALL the pipelines then go into action. It's not what I want, but at least I understand it. I'm putting this here for anyone who stumbles across this via a search.

1 Answers

how do I disable triggering of a Azure DevOps build pipeline every time it is saved?

You can opt out of CI triggers entirely by specifying trigger: none.

Or you could set the specify trigger for each pipeline by filters, like: CI triggers, Batching CI runs, Paths:

Build Azure Repos Git or TFS Git repositories

Besides, you could also skipping CI for individual pushes by including [skip ci] in the message or description of any of the commits that are part of a push, and Azure Pipelines will skip running CI for this push. You can also use any of the following variations:

  • [skip ci] or [ci skip]
  • skip-checks: true or skip-checks:true
  • [skip azurepipelines] or [azurepipelines skip]
  • [skip azpipelines] or [azpipelines skip]
  • [skip azp] or [azp skip]
  • ***NO_CI***
Related