rails console cannot load such file but with one letter capitalized it works?

Viewed 45

ruby version: 2.7.3

Hi! I am very puzzled...

I have a file path company/service/v1/my_proto_pb.rb. When I tried to require it in rails console it gives the cannot load such file error:

2.7.3 :005 > require "company/service/v1/my_proto_pb"
Traceback (most recent call last):
/usr/local/rvm/gems/ruby-2.7.3/gems/bootsnap-1.9.3/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:34:in `require': cannot load such file -- company/service/v1/my_proto_pb (LoadError)

HOWEVER when I capitalize the letter v to V it works:

2.7.3 :006 > require "company/service/V1/my_proto_pb"
 => true

But the .rb and .rbi file both exist in the v1 folder. Why??? I cannot change the letter in code as it's auto-generated. Where exactly does the require look for and how can i check if what's being required exists or not?

Thank you!

1 Answers

Nevermind... The issue was that my local code was not synced to the remote rails server correctly. Locally the files are in the v1 folder but somehow remotely they are in the V1 folder, which caused the issue.

Related