I have a web app deployed on 50 clients (ie 50 servers), let's say each client has 50 end client each (so total end user 2500).
I want to allow the end users retrieved their email on their dashboard, including gmail emails.
I began to follow google instructions about it. I will make my auth full client javascript so I follow these guidelines https://developers.google.com/identity/protocols/oauth2/javascript-implicit-flow#js-client-library
Problem, even just reading email seem to be a restricted scope
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.readonly Read all resources and their metadata—no write operations. Restricted
So if I don't submit my app into the verification process, it will be an unverified app so it will suppose to stop working after 100 connections (see https://support.google.com/cloud/answer/7454865) and I read the token will be delete frequently so it will not be convenient for my end user.
The different solutions I might have:
- submit my app to the verification process : it seem complicated as f***. moreover, my app is actually deployed on (many) intranet server. so the different url can be https://192.168.1.53:5000, https://myaddress.local,etc. I don't understand what will be the process on that. Should I create an app (on google dashboard) for each of my client? And make the process of each of them? How can Google verify an app which is not public?
- make the app internal only on Google dashboard: actually it's designed for what I need. Problems, it seem it works only with Google workspace account. This last one cost money (a lot, see https://workspace.google.fr/intl/fr/pricing.html) and moreover my end client want to use their personal gmail address, not something related to their organization)
So I ran out solution. It seems crazy that I don't find a simple (and free) solution to allow my end users to import theirs email in my app.
I know their is also the imap solution, actually it's the one I use to import the mails (other than gmail but also gmail), but for make it works with gmail you have to remove security from their gmail account and its not something I can ask to my end users (for security reason, but also because they are not confident with IT tools so I want to make it simple as possible)
I wait for your suggestions if you have any
Thank you !