Multiple commands produce error in Xcode 13

Viewed 17185

I have been stuck on this bug for quite a while now so any help would be appreciated. When I try to build my app I keep getting the following build error:

Multiple commands produce '/Users/my_user_name/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Expense_Tracker_Final-aujeprcwgnjmizeaueitvhpegrzf/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Expense Tracker Final.app':

  1. Target 'Expense Tracker Final' has create directory command with output '/Users/my_user_name/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Expense_Tracker_Final-aujeprcwgnjmizeaueitvhpegrzf/Build/Products/Debug-iphonesimulator/Expense Tracker Final.app'
  2. That command depends on command in Target 'Expense Tracker Final': script phase “[CP] Copy Pods Resources”

I have tried solution that have been recommended on other stack overflow questions such as deleting certain files from the [CP] Copy Pods Resources, but nothing seems to be working. Could someone please help me I'm really lost.

3 Answers

Select Targets -> BuildPhases.

There you saw Copy Bundle Resources. Just remove the duplicate file that is creating an error by selecting that file and clicking on the minus icon and if info.plist is present there just remove it also.

enter image description here

Looks like there's a duplicate code in your script under Build Phase > [CP] Copy Pods Resources Remove the duplicate and re-run the project.

This error is coming from the IOS directory because there are some duplicate files Build Phase > [CP] Copy Pods Resources, in my case the project was building on Android only and throwing this error for IOS.

I fixed this by first backing up the IOS directory, then deleting the IOS directory then ran this command:

flutter create -i swift . --project-name="your project Name"

NOTE: check pubspec.yaml for your project name

A new podfile will be created, open it and uncomment this line of code platform :ios, '9.0' remember to replace the '9.0' with '10.0'

after running the command do cd . then do flutter run

Related