Requirement
I am working on a client project where we need to setup our AWS managed OpenSearch dashboard (Kibana). As per the requirement, we should use keycloak for SAML configurations. Also need to use LDAP as user federation.
Current Setup
- AWS OpenSearch setup is completed and able to login with the master user credentials.
- Integration of Keycloak with OpenSearch dashboard is done. I am able to login to the OpenSearch dashboard using keycloak local user by adding it in the all_access group in Dashboard (kibana).
- LDAP integration with Keycloak is also completed. I can sync all LDAP users within Keycloak and able to login with individual LDAP users when adding them in the all_access group in Dashboard (Kibana).
Issue/Open tasks
How can I add the entire keycloak group to the OpenSearch Dashboard so I do not have to add individual users. I tried adding the group name in the dashboard under backend role section but it does not work. Also tried a few mappings (not sure if they were correct) but got no luck. Every time it gives "missing role-contact your administrator"
Same issue with LDAP groups as well, I can sync all LDAP groups within my Keycloak but not sure how to map them with OpenSearch Dashboard to login.
Ultimate Goal
- Create two groups, one as admin and other as limitedaccess so that users who are part of admin group can login with the assigned permissions and users in limitedaccess group can login with their permissions.
- I do not want to add individual users in the Dashboard rather they should be able to login directly based on role/group mapping.