I am an amateur with JS, working with a MacBook Pro Catalina, and VSCode. I am working towards being able to run simulations and similar.
I enabled ESLint in VSC (globally) , then I went through the process outlined in the ESLint webpage. When I look at the eslintrc.js file I see the "rules" line is empty. I presumed the ESLint rules would be listed here, but there is nothing. Or maybe this is where the optional Standard, airBnB or Google rules are referenced? I'm not convinced ESLint is working and I may have overlooked something. Can you help please? Attached, my .eslintrc.js, and package.json files. Thanks.
module.exports = {
"env": {
"browser": true,
"es2021": true
},
"extends": [
"eslint:recommended",
"plugin:react/recommended"
],
"parserOptions": {
"ecmaFeatures": {
"jsx": true
},
"ecmaVersion": "latest",
"sourceType": "module"
},
"plugins": [
"react"
],
"rules": {
}
}
{
"name": "javascript",
"version": "8.1.2",
"description": "npm for macos",
"main": "index.js",
"scripts": {
"test": "echo \"Error: no test specified\" && exit 1"
},
"author": "",
"license": "ISC",
"devDependencies": {
"eslint": "^8.8.0",
"eslint-plugin-react": "^7.28.0"
},
"explorer.sortOrder":"filesFirst"
}