so I have a requirement where I need to handle a case wherein when you log in to one website, we need to be allowed to log in to another website
Let me explain Say there is a parent website and a child website, both these websites have the user details of who is going to be logged in.
//PARENT WEBSITE
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<body>
<iframe src="https://childwebsiteurl?param=parentwebsitetoken" title="this is child website">
</iframe>
</body>
</html>
So I want a solution basically where when I log in to the parent website, I should be logged in to the child website also.
Right now I have one solution in mind: When the user logs in to the parent website, I will get a token and that token I will then past it to the child website(here we are assuming that the backend of both child and parent website has means to verify the token, n both has the user information) and that way I can log in to child website and child website is shown in the iframe of the parent website.
My only concern is, is there a standard way to do this, or is what I have proposed is it proper?
Thanks in advance.