Android Studio Emulator in a Separate Window

Viewed 21565

I'm having a problem with my Android Studio. This is the first time that I installed Android Studio. The problem is that when I install any device it comes up with a grey background around the device or the emulator, I don't know if it has any thing to do with the latest Android Studio version, cause I have updated it, and the toolbar is at the top of the emulator instead of being at the top right of the device.

The first picture is how I want it to be, and the second picture is what appears when I open Android Studio and run my app on the device (emulator).

First Image Second Image

3 Answers

In the second picture you have the emulator floated or windowed:

enter image description here

In order to get the emulator in a "separate" window go to Preferences -> Tools -> Emulator and uncheck Launch in a tool window:

enter image description here

Here is the documentation.

  • Open Settings from File -> Settings...

  • Select Tools -> Emulator and uncheck Launch in a tool window

Uncheck Launch in a tool window

There is a better idea to open as it opens in an older version of Android Studio. enter image description here

If you open any project then close it. Open Virtual Device Manager.

enter image description here

It will look like this image enter image description here

If you run it before opening any project then you will get a separate window emulator as it looks earlier. It will behave like a separate application. If you close the Android studio also it will remain open. You can close it manually.

enter image description here

Related