Docker Failed to Initialize on Windows 10

Viewed 1900

I have an issue with running the Docker Desktop on my Windows 10 PC. After trying to run it I got an error:

Docker failed to initialize - Docker Desktop is shutting down

I already tried reinstalling (as admin), restarting PC, restarting docker services, removing content from .../AppData/Local/Docker and .../AppData/Roaming/Docker folders, but still receiving the same error message.

Does anyone have an idea how can I fix it?

Thank you a lot!

5 Answers

Downgrade to the older version solved my issue

You can try uninstalling docker and deleting

  1. /Users/AppData/Local/Docker
  2. /Users/AppData/Roaming/Docker
  3. C:/Program Files/Docker
  4. C:/ProgramData/Docker
  5. Reinstalling Docker

However, what worked for me ultimately was deleting .docker in /Users folder and restarting docker.

I get that a lot on my laptop. I restart the "Hyper-V Host Compute Service" in Services. When that has restarted, I can start Docker Desktop.

I haven't found a permanent fix.

I had the same issue while starting the "Linux container" but windows container was working fine.

After trying All the possible methods to make docker desktop work, In case that is not worked then try this one. This one worked for me.

Please make sure to use older version of docker desktop ( mine is 4.4)

In docker desktop,

  1. Go to settings --> General --> Use the WSL 2 based engine Where If that check box turned On, Just Turn that off.

Simply local Appdata on your windows box, go to Roaming->Docker and delete the settings.json file. Restart docker and you will be fine. Appdata can be located at this path: C:\Users\LifeIsGood\AppData\Roaming\Docker

NB. LifeisGood is my username

Related