Debug Firebase hosted Flutter Web app locally in Android Studio

Viewed 90

I have a Flutter web application that is hosted in Firebase. I'm using the setup described here to load the correct firebase configurations depending on the Firebase environment the application is running in.

My trouble is now I want to be able to debug this locally in my IDE. I can run the application locally using firebase serve, which starts the webapp (e.g. on localhost:5000) and serves the correct firebase config based on the environment/alias I'm using, that's all nice and good.

My question is whether it is now possible to debug that running application in Android Studio? I know there are ways to do this in Visual Studio code, but I'd rather find a setup that works with AS if possible.

I could also debug the application by clicking the debug button in Android studio, and that will try to launch the application, however it will fail to start since it wont be served the firebase config file correctly (since this is firebase serve does for us).

Is there a way to combine the debugging capabilities of Android Studio with the firebase serve command to give a working application that's debuggable in my IDE?

Thanks in advance, Gary

0 Answers
Related