My Microsoft Visual Studio Code automatically checks for updates every time it opens, but every time it opens, it will run the update and get an error. I know that the "check for updates" is causing it because it gives me an error if I click it. I know that others mentioned to run the program as an admin. The problem is it creates a new user folder instead of updating the software in my current directory. More explanations are below.
Below is the error. If you look carefully, this tells us that it is trying to create a new user directory, "Ronel Priela". The only user directory I use contains a name with an underscore which is "Ronel_Priela". This problem never occurred to me before.
A few months ago. I made a lot of changes to my user folder name. It was "Ronel Priela" before. Since it was a folder with spacing on its name, it caused problems for my coding. So I changed my user folder and account name to "Ronel_Priela" which was successful. Do you think messing with my user folder before caused all this?
I don't see anything wrong with my environment variables as well.




