Emulator is not working in android studio latest version

Viewed 5323

I have run my app but still Device Manager is saying

No emulators are currently running. To launch an emulator use the Device Manager or run your app while targeting a virtual device

As you can see a green dot in the emulator that means "Emulator is running"

enter image description here

And some time emulator is showed but when I click on screen then emulator gone

I think this version of the android studio has more bugs when compared to its previous version

Do you guys have any tricks or solutions?

Any help will be is always appreciated!

4 Answers

I have 2 Solutions so you can try both if one doesn't work

Solution No 1

Select device manager and select your device and select the drop-down menu

enter image description here


then click on the show on disk option

enter image description here

then delete all files that have the .lock extension and run your emulator again.

enter image description here

Solution No 2

You can get a normal emulator like previous time android studio have, so to get the previous emulator in the new version of android studio you can do these steps

open the settings tab by following the below steps or by pressing Ctrl + Alt + S

Select File > Settings > Tools > Emulator

then unTick the option name Launch in a Tool Window then click okay now you got the previous emulator. and if in the emulator you got any issues you can check This Solution for Emulator on StackOverFlow

enter image description here

In my case after I downloaded the second patch of bumblebee, my emulator was not working either. But after I did search for another update, << Help -> Check for updates >> android studio downloaded an update for emulators and now my emulators are working fine.

I think android emulator in android studio bumblebee does not simply work, because I have uninstalled the whole android and apply the aforesaid solutions but nothing work, I keep receiving "The emulator process for AVD Appl has terminated."

Better to install previous versions.

Go to View -> Tool Windows -> Emulator. So you can see emulator. I am on mac OS Big Sure. Android Studio Bumblebee.

Related