I am trying to get scrolling to work on a Column where the number of entries may exceed the height of the window.
I'm currently using Compose 1.1.0-rc03 and at the moment I'm only trying to get it working on desktop.
I reduced the problem to this:
@Composable
fun App() {
val optionsScrollState = rememberScrollState()
Row(modifier = Modifier.fillMaxSize()) {
// Left column
Column(
modifier = Modifier
.scrollable(optionsScrollState, Orientation.Vertical)
.width(240.dp)
.fillMaxHeight()
) {
(1..100).forEach { i -> Text("Row $i") }
}
}
}
But this doesn't scroll, or at least, not with the mousewheel. Maybe there's another way to scroll that isn't immediately apparent to me.
How do I make this work?
The docs on scrollable say that I might have to manage the state myself. So is using rememberScrollState() not enough?
I found some existing questions about disabling scrolling on columns, but they were always talking about LazyColumn which I'm not using here.