Installing QML modules on Fedora

Viewed 226

I am trying to implement a simple map view in a PySide6 Qt project by linking a QML file.

import QtQuick 2.0
import QtQuick.Window 2.14
import QtLocation 5.6
import QtPositioning 5.6

Item {
    width: Qt.platform.os == "android" ? Screen.width : 512
    height: Qt.platform.os == "android" ? Screen.height : 512
    visible: true

    Plugin {
        id: mapPlugin
        name: "osm"
    }

    Map {
        anchors.fill: parent
        plugin: mapPlugin
        center: QtPositioning.coordinate(59.91, 10.75) // Oslo
        zoomLevel: 14
    }
}

To which Qt Creator or the main program starting the widget answer that the QtLocation and QtPositioning modules are not installed.

I'm on Fedora 35 KDE and there is indeed nothing in the repositories providing qml-modules-location, and the only modules available seem to be part of the KDE desktop. I installed PySide6 through pip3.

I tried to install Qt from the .run file on their website. I picked the "Additional libraries" that sounded close to it (datavisualization, charts, etc.) and the Qt studio. It downloaded some 9 GB of bloat and I still don't have the modules after.

How can I fetch those modules and where should I put them on my OS ? Preferably in a way that doesn't involve downloading another 10 GB because I don't have an unlimited data plan. It feels like it should just be grabbing some header files from a git repo and yet it's a turducken of unwanted libs, and everything on Qt Linux points to Ubuntu installations with apt-get.

0 Answers
Related