Call to undefined function Intervention\Image\Gd\imagecreatefromjpeg() Laravel 8 + Docker desktop 4.4.4

Viewed 1054

This is my docker file:

FROM php:8.0-fpm-buster

# Arguments defined in docker-compose.yml
ARG user
ARG uid

# Install system dependencies
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y \
    build-essential \
    git \
    curl \
    libpng-dev \
    libjpeg-dev \
    libfreetype6-dev \
    libjpeg62-turbo-dev \
    jpegoptim optipng pngquant gifsicle \
    libonig-dev \
    libxml2-dev \
    zip \
    sudo \
    unzip \
    npm \
    nodejs \
    && docker-php-ext-configure gd --with-freetype --with-jpeg \
    && docker-php-ext-install -j$(nproc) gd

# Clear cache
RUN apt-get clean && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

# Install PHP extensions
RUN docker-php-ext-install pdo_mysql mbstring exif pcntl bcmath gd

but I have an error

Call to undefined function Intervention\Image\Gd\imagecreatefromjpeg()

when i try to upload a jpg image.Even I change it to:

docker-php-ext-configure gd --with-freetype-dir=/usr/include/ --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/include/ --with-gd --with-freetype --with-jpeg \

but I have below error when I build and the above error in Laravel

configure: error: unrecognized options: --with-freetype-dir, --with-jpeg-dir, --with-gd ------ failed to solve: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = executor failed running [/bin/sh -c apt-get update && apt-get install -y
build-essential git curl libpng-dev libjpeg-dev
libfreetype6-dev libjpeg62-turbo-dev jpegoptim optipng pngquant gifsicle libonig-dev libxml2-dev zip sudo
unzip npm nodejs && docker-php-ext-configure gd --with-freetype-dir=/usr/include/ --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/include/ --with-gd --with-freetype --with-jpeg && docker-php-ext-install -j$(nproc) gd]: exit code: 1

how can I fix this?

1 Answers

I fix it by enabling the GD lib, here is my Dockerfile configs:

FROM php:8.0-fpm-buster

# Arguments defined in docker-compose.yml
ARG user
ARG uid

# Install system dependencies
RUN apt-get update && apt-get install -y \
    build-essential \
    git \
    curl \
    libpng-dev \
    libjpeg-dev \
    libfreetype6-dev \
    libjpeg62-turbo-dev \
    libmcrypt-dev \
    libgd-dev \
    jpegoptim optipng pngquant gifsicle \
    libonig-dev \
    libxml2-dev \
    zip \
    sudo \
    unzip \
    npm \
    nodejs

# Clear cache
RUN apt-get clean && rm -rf /var/lib/apt/lists/*

# Install PHP extensions
RUN docker-php-ext-configure gd --enable-gd --with-freetype --with-jpeg
RUN docker-php-ext-install pdo_mysql mbstring exif pcntl bcmath gd
Related