.NET Winforms WebView2, open HTML file with an anchor

Viewed 99

I'm currently moving to the WebView2 control from the .NET WebBrowser control and have run into an issue opening a HTML file that has an anchor in the path.

For example with the current WebBrowser control, I can open a local HTML file like so: "c:\test.html#1111" where the 1111 is the anchor. The browser control opens the file and goes to the anchor. However, with the webview2 control, I get a file not found error. If I leave off the anchor part of it, it opens fine.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to open up the file and go to the anchor? Thanks!

1 Answers

The problem is that #1111 is treated as part of the file name - and that file doesn't exist.

You should be able to do:

UriBuilder uriBuilder = new UriBuilder(@"c:\test.html")
{
    Fragment = "1111"
};
webView21.Source = uriBuilder.Uri;
Related