I have two data sources. Both data sources have a different schema but do share one ID field.
DS1
| ID | Name | Age | Country | temp |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| 1 | anchal | 23 | US | 7.666666667 |
| 2 | nigam | 10 | CA | 5 |
| 3 | dingo | 20 | UK | 3.333333333 |
DS2
| DS1 ID | Make | Model |
|---|---|---|
| 1 | AAA | BBB |
| 1 | CCC | DDD |
| 1 | EEE | FFF |
| 3 | GGG | HHH |
| 3 | III | JJJ |
The DS1 ID field from DS2 is from DS1.ID.
I will have both of these as a table in a Google Data Studio report. Then I will add a filter on DS1.Country. This will obviously filter the DS1 table.
I want it to also filter on DS2 based on the matching DS2.DS1 ID rows against ID from DS1.
So, for example, if someone selects UK in the DS1.Country filter then this is what the report would show:
DS1.Country Filter
[ ] US[ ] CA[x] UK
DS1
| ID | Name | Age | Country | temp |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| 3 | dingo | 20 | UK | 3.333333333 |
DS2
| DS1 ID | Make | Model |
|---|---|---|
| 3 | GGG | HHH |
| 3 | III | JJJ |
I know how to filter two different data sources against the same field as discussed here but that is not what I am trying to do.
Sample data:
- Data Set (Google Sheets) for both
DS1andDS2 - Google Data Studio report with these sources and a filter on
Country. The Country filter only filters the top table. I want it to filter the bottom table based on the IDs visible in the top table.




