I have a list of 200,000 words, a list containing indexes, and a keyword. The index_list is not predefined and can be of any size between 0 to len(keyword).
I wish to iterate through the 200,000 words and only keep the ones that contain the letters in the keyword at the specific index.
Examples:
keyword = "BEANS"
indexList = [0, 3]
I want to keep words that contain 'B" at the 0th index and 'N' and the 3rd index.
keyword = "BEANS"
indexList = [0, 1, 2]
I want to keep words that contain 'B" at the 0th index and 'E' and the 1st index, and 'A' at the 2nd index.
keyword = "BEANS"
indexList = []
No specific words, return all 200,000 words
At the moment,
I have this code. sampleSpace refers to the list of 200,000 words.
extractedList = []
for i in range(len(indexList)):
for word in sampleSpace:
if (word[indexList[i]] == keyword[indexList[i]]):
extractedList.append(word)
However, this code is extracting words that have values at the first index OR values at the second index OR values at the Nth index.
I need words to have ALL of the letters at the specific index.