Launching WPF App on Windows 10 with .NET 6 runtime does not work

Viewed 1335

I am publishing a WPF (.NET 6) application with the following settings:

enter image description here

This works, but if my users want to launch the exe-file on their own PC they get an error message: ".NET 6.0 Runtime is not installed".

enter image description here

This makes sense to me because .NET 6 is quiet new. But even after installing the runtime they still get this message (after restarting their PC).

Only if they install the SDK they can launch the app.
But the SDK should only be fore developers?

Am I publishing my app in the wrong way? How can I run .NET 6 apps with only the runtime installed?
My users are all using Windows 10.

2 Answers

I could resolve my issue with deploying my app as "Self contained". Now the framework is inside the published files.
Everything fine...

However, strange that the initial way did not work. :(

Make sure to get the .NET Desktop Runtime 6 from the Microsoft download page:

Correct runtime example

Related