rpmbuild -rp option is not supported?

Viewed 79

I've got a shell script with some rpmbuild workflow from a previous project and there is one command which is failing with an error unsupported option.

The command is this:

rpmbuild --nodeps --define '_builddir /tmp/build' --define '_sourcedir /tmp/source' -rp package_source.src.rpm

As per the documentation this -rp option is supported but I'm unable to run the rpmbuild command with this option. Here's the man-pages link: https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man8/rpmbuild.8.html#SYNOPSIS

The error message I'm getting is this:

rpmbuild: arguments to --root (-r) must begin with a /

Update1: my rpm version is 4.11.3 on CentOS7 and the man-page mentioned above is the latest version.

With the current version I've rpmbuild --help output is not listing this -rp or any other -r options.

So how do I get the same result using the rpm version which doesn't have this option?

TIA

1 Answers

The -rp option has to be on the first position.

Related