npm audit response shows up as just plain text instead of tabular format

Viewed 218

I read a lot of questions/articles related to npm audit where people have provided the response of the npm audit in a tabular format. But when I run the npm audit I get the response as plain text.

I tried to install a library npm-audit-html and get the format in HTML as provided in answer but that is running into the issue: zsh: command not found: npm-audit-html

Can someone please explain and help in resolving the beautification of the npm audit response? Currently, my npm audit response shows up something like this:

postcss-overflow-shorthand  <=2.0.0
  Depends on vulnerable versions of postcss
  node_modules/postcss-overflow-shorthand
  postcss-page-break  <=2.0.0
  Depends on vulnerable versions of postcss
  node_modules/postcss-page-break
  postcss-place  <=5.0.0
  Depends on vulnerable versions of postcss
  node_modules/postcss-place
  postcss-pseudo-class-any-link  <=6.0.0
  Depends on vulnerable versions of postcss
  node_modules/postcss-pseudo-class-any-link
  postcss-reduce-initial  <=4.0.3
  Depends on vulnerable versions of postcss
  node_modules/postcss-reduce-initial
  postcss-reduce-transforms  <=4.0.2
  Depends on vulnerable versions of postcss
  node_modules/postcss-reduce-transforms
  postcss-replace-overflow-wrap  <=3.0.0
  Depends on vulnerable versions of postcss
  node_modules/postcss-replace-overflow-wrap
  postcss-selector-matches  *
  Depends on vulnerable versions of postcss
  node_modules/postcss-selector-matches
  postcss-selector-not  <=4.0.1
  Depends on vulnerable versions of postcss
  node_modules/postcss-selector-not
  postcss-svgo  <=5.0.0-rc.2
  Depends on vulnerable versions of postcss
  Depends on vulnerable versions of svgo
  node_modules/postcss-svgo
  postcss-unique-selectors  <=4.0.1
  Depends on vulnerable versions of postcss
  node_modules/postcss-unique-selectors
  postcss-url  3.3.0 - 10.0.0
  Depends on vulnerable versions of postcss
  node_modules/postcss-url
  stylehacks  <=4.0.3
  Depends on vulnerable versions of postcss
  node_modules/stylehacks

90 vulnerabilities (84 moderate, 6 high)
1 Answers

In windows, I've used npm audit with ">" to write its content in a json file, refer below command:

npm audit --json > FOLDER_PATH\FILE_NAME.json
Related