Learning DBT debug dbt_project.yml file [ERROR INVALID]

Viewed 1188

I'm trying to follow along with a video tutorial to learn/set up a dbt project. I believe I have the profile and dbt_project files configured correctly but I keep getting the error:

Using profiles.yml file at /Users/cristinarico/.dbt/profiles.yml Using dbt_project.yml file at /Users/cristinarico/Desktop/learn_dbt/learn-dbt/dbt_project.yml

Configuration: profiles.yml file [OK found and valid] dbt_project.yml file [ERROR invalid]

Required dependencies:

  • git [OK found]

Connection: account: yk74360.us-east-2 user: transform_user database: ANALYTICS schema: DBT warehouse: TRANSFORM_WH role: TRANSFORM_ROLE client_session_keep_alive: False Connection test: [ERROR]

2 checks failed: Project loading failed for the following reason: Runtime Error at path ['name']: 'i-learn-dbt' does not match '^[^\d\W]\w$'*

Error encountered in /Users/cristinarico/Desktop/learn_dbt/learn-dbt/dbt_project.yml

I'm more concerned with the funky path name error than with the snowflake connection at the moment. where is this gibberish (regex?) coming from and why.

profile.yml dbt_project.yml

1 Answers

In the comments on line 1 of the dbt_project.yml, it says that the project name should include only lowercase characters and underscores.

Try renaming the project following those guidelines?

Related