Background
I have my project deployed to Github Pages here: https://zeddrix.github.io/jw-guitar-tabs, so I have this in my svelte.config.js file:
kit: {
...
paths: {
base: '/jw-guitar-tabs'
},
appDir: 'internal',
...
}
I have this in my __layout.svelte:
<script lang="ts">
import { base } from '$app/paths';
...
const fetchFromDBAndStore = async (category: SongCategoriesType) => {
const res = await fetch(`${base}/api/categories/original-songs`);
const data = await res.json();
console.log(data);
...other code...
};
...I have my code here that uses this data...
</script>
<Layout><slot /></Layout>
Side note: I put it in this file so that this runs on any page, but I have a code to make sure that this doesn't run if I already have the data. This is not the issue.
This calls on the file: src/routes/api/categories/original-songs.ts:
import fetchSongsDB from '$utils/fetchSongsDB';
export const get = async () => fetchSongsDB('originals');
And this fetchSongsDB function fetches the songs from my database.
Everything is working fine in development mode when I run npm run dev and even in preview mode when I run npm run preview after build, of course, in localhost:3000/jw-guitar-tabs.
Issue
However, on the static github page at https://zeddrix.github.io/jw-guitar-tabs, I get this:
It serves the 404 Github Page as the response. I guess it's because it can't find the src/routes/api/categories/original-songs.ts file. But of course Github will not find this file because the deployed folder to gh-pages is the build folder so I don't have this original file route anymore.
How would I solve this?



