I'm running a Gradle script that needs to exec a few commands. (In my example, it's node.)
In my Terminal, node is on my PATH, so I can type node --version and it just works. My Gradle script works fine on the command line.
But when I try to run the Gradle build in Android Studio, it says:
> A problem occurred starting process 'command 'node''
Cause: error=2, No such file or directory
Unfortunately, the way this script runs on various machines, I can't be sure what the path to node will be; I need to use the PATH environment from the user's machine. (On macOS, node might be in /usr/local/bin or /opt/homebrew/bin or ~/n/bin or something else entirely.)
How do I make this work?
EDIT: To clarify, our developers will launch Android Studio via the OS launcher, e.g. by double-clicking it in Finder on macOS, or from the Start menu in Windows.