Transfer docusign draft envelope programmatically

Viewed 93

I'm trying to create a envelope in draft status and then programmatically transfer it to a different user than the one I'm impersonating.

I can do this in the web portal but manually after the draft is created (see ui below) but I haven't been able to find a corresponding api method.

enter image description here

Also it doesn't seem like transfer rules can be used to transfer draft envelopes, but I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding that feature.

2 Answers

Try to make a POST call to

restapi/v2.1/accounts/<accountID>/envelopes/transfer

with this JSON:

{"carbonCopyOriginalOwner":false,"envelopeBulkTransferTypeId":"1","envelopeIds":["<envlopeId>"],"toUserId":"<userId>"}

General tip: if you can do something from the web app - you can enable API logs and see what APIs are called when you do it.

The solution we ended up using was to add an initial user as an 'editor' user. So the envelope is 'sent' immediately to the user responsible for checking the envelope for correctness.

Related