Note: I'm not an experienced programmer
I've been handed some old VB6.0 programs for my work, which were compiling and running successfully in the past, but now when I try to compile, the error "Method or data member not found" is coming up on some ".Text" property calls.
I'm very confident that it's most likely not the code because it was working before it was assigned to me, so possibly the issue is extensions/references that are no longer accessible by the program. However, I'm sure some people will want to see the code so I've provided a few .Text calls, all of which are following a text field. For legal reasons, I can't copy the program but here are a few calls:
'Ex1: Line 312 frmMain
Print #gintAteDataFile, Tab; gstrDate; Tab; gstrtime; Tab; Tab; “Technician: “; frmTechId.mebTechId.Text
'Ex2: Line 4 frmSerialNumber
gstrSerialNumber = MaskEdBox1.Text
'Ex3: Line 34 frmComSetup
If IPControl1.IsBlank Or mebPortNumber.Text = vbNullString Then
I have been unable to locate an answer on Google. Does anyone know what references or extensions are necessary for VB6.0 for a property such as ".Text" to not be called correctly? Thank you