Hello coding community I need your help. I took a sketch from openprocessing and I need to convert it into p5.js. The first script is the source code, then below will by my translation. I'm not sure about the syntax.
float x, y, x2, y2, rad, rad2, dist, dist2;
float deg, incr, yIn, rotateBy, ang;
void setup() {
size(600, 600);
background(#02021A);
incr = 1; // numVerts = 360/incr
rad = -20;
rad2 = -160;
dist = 500;
dist2 = 550;
}
void draw() {
noStroke();
fill(#02021A, 10);
rect(0, 0, width, height);
fill(random(0, 255), 255, 255);
rotateBy += .003;
pushMatrix();
translate(width/2, height/2);
rotate(rotateBy);
deg = 0;
while (deg <= 360) {
deg += incr;
ang = radians(deg);
x = cos(ang) * (rad + (dist * noise(y/100, yIn)));
y = sin(ang) * (rad + (dist * noise(x/80, yIn)));
ellipse(x, y, 1.5, 1.5);
x2 = sin(ang) * (rad2 + (dist2 * noise(y2/20, yIn)));
y2 = cos(ang) * (rad2 + (dist2 * noise(y2/20, yIn)));
ellipse(x2, y2, 1, 1);
}
yIn += .005;
popMatrix();
}
This what I've done. p5.js:
let x, y, x2, y2, rad, rad2, dist, dist2;
let deg, incr, yIn, rotateBy, ang;
function setup() {
createCanvas(600, 600);
background('#02021A');
incr = 1; // numVerts = 360/incr
rad = -20;
rad2 = -160;
dist = 500;
dist2 = 550;
}
function draw() {
noStroke();
fill('#02021A');
rect(0, 0, width, height);
fill(random(0, 255), 255, 255);
rotateBy += '.003';
push();
translate(width/2, height/2);
rotate(rotateBy);
deg = 0;
while (deg <= 360) {
deg += incr;
ang = radians(deg);
x = cos(ang) * (rad + (dist * noise(y/100, yIn)));
y = sin(ang) * (rad + (dist * noise(x/80, yIn)));
ellipse(x, y, 1.5, 1.5);
x2 = sin(ang) * (rad2 + (dist2 * noise(y2/20, yIn)));
y2 = cos(ang) * (rad2 + (dist2 * noise(y2/20, yIn)));
ellipse(x2, y2, 1, 1);
}
yIn += '.005';
pop();
}
But it still doesn't work. Could you help me understand if the syntax is the same in these two languages.