I am trying to push a docker image to a private docker repository from my local windows 10 machine running Docker Desktop with no success.
The command docker push 172.19.161.107:5000/ubuntu outputs the following:
Using default tag: latest
The push refers to repository [172.19.161.107:5000/ubuntu]
Get "http://172.19.161.107:5000/v2/": dial tcp 172.19.161.107:5000: connect: no route to host
When I go to the url http://172.19.161.107:5000/v2/, everything looks fine. From reading other posts, a lot of people are asking what curl says, so here is the output:
curl -i http://172.19.161.107:5000/v2
HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Docker-Distribution-Api-Version: registry/2.0
Location: /v2/
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 02:01:26 GMT
Content-Length: 39
The machine is a VM in Hyper-V. When I push the ubuntu image from another VM on the same switch, it gets uploaded to the repository and I am able to see it in the catalog api as show below:
curl -i http://172.19.161.107:5000/v2/_catalog
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
Docker-Distribution-Api-Version: registry/2.0
X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 02:10:58 GMT
Content-Length: 37
{"repositories":["alpine","ubuntu"]}
From what I have read, it is very possibly a firewall issue, but I am not sure where to look. In my mind, if I am able to hit the URL and it loads, the port should be open. I have also allowed all traffic by default on my VMs.
What could be stopping me from pushing images from my local machine to my private repository?
Where should I look