This is my first time working with MySQL besides a few basic queries on an existing DB, so I'm not great at troubleshooting this.
I have a CSV with 125,000 records that I want to load into MySQL. I got version 8 installed along with workbench. I used the Import Wizard to load my CSV and it started importing. The problem is that it was ~5 hours to get to 30,000 records. From what I read this is a long time and there should be a faster way.
I tried LOAD DATA INFILE but got an error regarding secure-file-priv so I went looking to solve that. The configuration appear to be off for secure-file-priv but it keeps popping up as the error. Now I'm getting "Access denied" errors so I'm just stuck.
I am the admin on this machine and this data doesn't mean anything to anyone so security isn't a concern. I just want to learn how to do this.
Is LOAD DATA INFILE the best way to load his amount of data?
Is 20 hours too long for 125000 records?
Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?