No such module 'Firebase' - Xcode and Swift Package Manager

Viewed 1288

I'm trying to incorporate Firebase Analytics into my SwiftUI project in Xcode. I've added the Firebase package using Swift Package Manager, and am able to call FirebaseApp.configure() to initialize my app in my UIApplicationDelegate class. Now I'm trying to log analytics events and am running into an issue.

My UIApplicationDelegate class is in an iOS-specific folder. I have a service class that is in a Shared folder (to be used across both iOS and macOS builds). In my service class, I've added a line that says:

import Firebase

However, when I go to build my iOS target I get an error saying:

No such module 'Firebase'

I don't know why this import statement would cause a problem, since I have the very same statement in my UIApplicationDelegate class. The only thing I could think of was that somehow my Shared classes don't know about Firebase? Maybe? When I view the iOS target in my project it shows that the FirebaseCrashlytics and FirebaseAnalytics frameworks have been added to it.

I'm at a loss as to what's happening. All other things I've found online are for Cocoapods, which I'm not using for dependency management. I'm leveraging the Swift Package Manager for this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

0 Answers
Related