I'm using googleapis to upload different files to the Google Drive. The scenario is:
- User provides a document and it's information through my REST API (I'm using NodeJS).
- The REST API creates the directory that will contain the document, if it's not already exist.
- The REST API uploads the document to that directory.
The structure of the drive is:
/root/documents/$type/$new_document
where $type is one of the user's provided fields and the $new_document is the document that was provided by the user.
The way I connect:
oauth2Client.setCredentials({ refresh_token: REFRESH_TOKEN });
drive_instance = google.drive({
version: 'v3',
auth: oauth2Client,
});
I figured how to upload the document to root folder of the Google Drive:
}
try {
const response = await drive.files.create({
requestBody: {
name: file.name,
mimeType: file.mimetype,
},
media: {
mimeType: file.mimetype,
body: file.data,
},
});
console.log(response.data);
} catch (error) {
console.log(error.message);
}
What I'm struggling is:
- How to create the directory
/root/documents/$typeif it's not already existing? - How to upload the
$new_documentto/root/documents/$type?
For the second question, I know that the docs provide an option of parents[] that will contain all the folder IDs. but then, how can I get the folder ID of /root/documents/$type? Is there someway to combine the steps (like maybe mkdir -p for the directories or creating the directory will return the ID of the directory).