I am trying to implement deleteUser function in cognito which allows the user to delete their own account information by using this code
void deleteUser() async {
try {
await Amplify.Auth.deleteUser();
final state = AuthState(authFlowStatus: AuthFlowStatus.none);
authStateController.add(state);
print('Delete user succeeded');
} on AmplifyException catch (e) {
print('Delete user failed with error: $e');
}
}
However, this code of course is not working for some reason and I don't know why. I also have the user's database in Amplify datastore graphql so I tried deleting the user's datastore data first before getting rid of the user's congnito data but it still does not work. This is the code that I am using to delete user's data from datastore. Please help me out by telling me how I can delete a user's cognito and datastore data.
void deleteUser (DeleteUserData data) async {
(await Amplify.DataStore.query(User.classType, where: User.EMAIL.eq(data.email)))
.forEach((element) async {
try {
await Amplify.DataStore.delete(element);
print('Deleted a user');
} on DataStoreException catch (e) {
print('Delete failed: $e');
}
});
}
Please help me out.