Unity hub not working (Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS)

Viewed 2895

I can't create or open any project from lack of privileges (ERROR.LAUNCH_EDITOR.EACCES).

As soon as I press the create project button I receive a pop up with the name "Unity Launch error" and no error message (in the logs I get the ERROR.LAUNCH_EDITOR.EACCES error I mentioned in the post), the project gets "created" but no actual files or folders are created and if I exit the hub the project disappears, trying to open it gives me an non existent path error.

I installed the most recent version (that isn't a beta) using these instructions: https://docs.unity3d.com/hub/manual/InstallHub.html#install-hub-linux

This happens in any version even if I use the .AppImage version.

I checked the license and its fine, I reinstalled the editor just to be sure and all the folders have the correct file permissions.

This has been going on for months, how can I fix this?

2 Answers

If you're using ubuntu 20.04+ and an older unity version, then, you SHOULD install libconf 2-4 manually otherwise it wont let you create projects, just open console and type:

sudo apt-get install libgconf-2-4

And that's it.

Related