I've been researching a way to open whatsapp through a xamarin app, but all i found were recommendations using xamarin.forms and not xamarin.android (which the app I work on is based on). Is there a way to do this in xamarin.android?
I've been researching a way to open whatsapp through a xamarin app, but all i found were recommendations using xamarin.forms and not xamarin.android (which the app I work on is based on). Is there a way to do this in xamarin.android?
Well, a basic code like that should do it I guess:
private void OpenWhatsApp(Activity activity, string number, string message)
{
try
{
PackageManager packageManager = activity.PackageManager;
Intent i = new Intent(Intent.ActionView);
String url = "https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=" + number + "&text=" + URLEncoder.Encode(message, "UTF-8");
i.SetPackage("com.whatsapp");
i.SetData(Uri.Parse(url));
if (i.ResolveActivity(packageManager) != null)
{
activity.StartActivity(i);
}
else
{
//Error message
}
}
catch (Exception e)
{
// exception
}
}
Let me know if you have any queries!