Java JobRunr when using Spring Boot Redis Starter

Viewed 194

How do I create and use the Redis connection that spring-boot-starter-data-redis creates? It doesn't seem like there is a Bean for RedisClient created by the default auto configuration so I'm not sure of the best way to do this.

The documentation does state that in this case you need to create the StorageProvider yourself which is fine, but can you reuse what Spring Boot has already created. I believe this would need to be a pooled connection which you would also need to enable through Spring Boot.

1 Answers

RedisTemplate offers a high-level abstraction for Redis interactions:

https://docs.spring.io/spring-data/data-redis/docs/current/reference/html/#redis:template

Redis autoconfiguration :

    @AutoConfiguration
@ConditionalOnClass({RedisOperations.class})
@EnableConfigurationProperties({RedisProperties.class})
@Import({LettuceConnectionConfiguration.class, JedisConnectionConfiguration.class})
public class RedisAutoConfiguration {
    public RedisAutoConfiguration() {
    }

    @Bean
    @ConditionalOnMissingBean(
        name = {"redisTemplate"}
    )
    @ConditionalOnSingleCandidate(RedisConnectionFactory.class)
    public RedisTemplate<Object, Object> redisTemplate(RedisConnectionFactory redisConnectionFactory) {
        RedisTemplate<Object, Object> template = new RedisTemplate();
        template.setConnectionFactory(redisConnectionFactory);
        return template;
    }

    @Bean
    @ConditionalOnMissingBean
    @ConditionalOnSingleCandidate(RedisConnectionFactory.class)
    public StringRedisTemplate stringRedisTemplate(RedisConnectionFactory redisConnectionFactory) {
        return new StringRedisTemplate(redisConnectionFactory);
    }
}

Here you can find the corresponding configuration properties(including connection pool default configuration).

Simple implementation example : https://www.baeldung.com/spring-data-redis-tutorial

Related