Why Chrome Dev tools (network tab) doesn't show the response for a request? (Failed to load response data: No resource with given identifier found))

Viewed 948

I have been unable to deduce why Chrome(97.x.x.x) is unable to load the response for a successful POST XHR. It displays the following message in the response section: Failed to load response data: No resource with given identifier found

However, I could see the response for the same in the Firefox(96.x.x).

PS: I can see the headers, payload and other section properly.

2 Answers

In my case, I had an issue with too many re-renders and encountered this behavior. The GET request worked fine, but a bug in my code caused too many re renderings and I am not sure why (perhaps because I use react-query, perhaps because of that bug I had) there was a new attempt to get the data when the application was in an error state. That ended in a response exactly like the one you describe, same message and all.

untick the "Preserve log" option and load the page again.

Related