Installing Large Flick board on Raspberry Pi

Viewed 49

I recently purchased a Flick Large board for my Raspberry Pi 4B and am having issues getting it working. I believe I have everything set up correctly when comparing it to the quick start guide and following the steps on github with no success. Below are my steps that I followed and the error I am getting when running the flick-demo:

  1. Set up Pins:

    • LED2-Pin15
    • LED1-Pin7
    • GND-Pin9
    • TS-Pin13
    • Reset-Pin11
    • I2C SCL-Pin5
    • I2C SDA-Pin3
    • 3v3-Pin1
  2. ran curl-sSl https://pisupp.ly/flickcode | sudo bash

  3. Then verified connection with i2cdetect -y 1 - Output below

     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
    

    00:                         -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

    10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

    20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

    30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

    40: -- -- 42 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

    50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

    60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

  4. Tried to run the sudo apt-get install wiringpi; but received the error that it was no longer being supported. Found the following work around

  5. Re-ran sudo apt-get install wiringpi to confirm installed and latest version (2.52)

  6. Set the GPIO 17 as instructed with:

    • gpio mode 0 out; gpio write 0 0; gpio write 0 1; i2cdetect -y 1
  7. From here I confirmed I could turn the LED's on and off in BASH with:

    • gpio -g mode 22 out
    • gpio -g mode 22 1
  8. Then I attempted to run flick-demo - received the error below:

    Traceback (most recent call last):   File "/usr/local/bin/flick-demo", line 4, in     import('pkg_resources').run_script('flicklib==0.0.3', 'flick-demo')   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/init.py", line 651, in run_script     self.require(requires)[0].run_script(script_name, ns)   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/init.py", line 1455, in run_script     exec(script_code, namespace, namespace)   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/flicklib-0.0.3-py3.9.egg/EGG-INFO/scripts/flick-demo", line 4, in     import('pkg_resources').run_script('flicklib==0.0.3', 'flick-demo')   File "", line 1007, in _find_and_load   File "", line 986, in _find_and_load_unlocked   File "", line 664, in _load_unlocked   File "", line 627, in _load_backward_compatible   File "", line 259, in load_module   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/flicklib-0.0.3-py3.9.egg/flicklib.py", line 508, in   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/flicklib-0.0.3-py3.9.egg/flicklib.py", line 330, in _start_poll   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/dist-packages/flicklib-0.0.3-py3.9.egg/flicklib.py", line 103, in start AttributeError: 'AsyncWorker' object has no attribute 'isAlive'

  9. I thought I missed a step; so i opened the install.sh file I found:

    • apt-get install -y git whiptail
      • It was already installed
    • then I ran: 
  10. Then I tried to re-run the flick-demo and received the same error as before. 

This is all done on a new install of Rasberry Pi OS (32-bit) released 2021-10-30. I ensure to run apt-get updates and upgrades and came back with fully updated before beginning my install. 

I am stumped on what I am doing wrong. I am hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.

My end goal hopefully use the flick to replace a mouse on the Raspberry Pi.

Thank you for any assistance!

0 Answers
Related