I have the following project below created using ThreeJS. You will notice the gold object creates a shadow behind it on a sphere where I'm only rendering the backside so we can see the objects inside. I'm using a point light in the very center of the eye model to create the shadow evenly in all directions. This is the reason the shadow is curved.
I need to know how to get the 3D coordinates (x,y,z) of each pixel of this shadow that was created. For reference here is the code that creates the shadow with a lot removed for simplicity.
renderer.shadowMap.enabled = true;
renderer.shadowMap.type = THREE.BasicShadowMap//THREE.PCFSoftShadowMap;
const light = new THREE.PointLight( 0xffffff, 20, 0 );
light.position.set( 0, 0, 0 );
light.castShadow = true;
light.shadow.mapSize.width = 512;
light.shadow.camera.near = 0.5;
light.shadow.camera.far = 500;
scene.add( light );
const sphereGeometry = new THREE.SphereGeometry( 25, 32, 32 );
const sphereMaterial = new THREE.MeshStandardMaterial( { color: 0xffffff } );
sphereMaterial.side=THREE.BackSide;
const sphere = new THREE.Mesh( sphereGeometry, sphereMaterial );
sphere.castShadow = false;
sphere.receiveShadow = true;
scene.add( sphere );
I have researched some into this and I think it may be storing the shadow information in the matrix property of the model but this is not clear for sure in any documentation, so I'm not sure where to look to get this information. Any help is appreciated!
--- Extra not important info ---
Also, in case you are curious, the reason I need the shadow coordinates is because I will use those to raycast back into the eye and create a different kind of shadow on an azimuthal equidistant project on the right (it's complicated...), but just know that if I have the 3D coordinates of the shadow pixels I can do this :). I'm already doing it for the muscles of the eye for example.
