VB6 - Sending data to Telnet

Viewed 123

I've been looking around for some code examples for sending data from a server application in VB6 to Telnet. From what I've seen (Baring in mind these code examples are 15-20 years old), you can only send raw strings?

I'm just playing around with some source code I made, where I have a custom stand-alone client, so I'm sending byte arrays back and forth to handle strings and values. I'm worried that only being able to send raw strings will massively reduce network performance between the server and client.

Are there any other examples?

Currently I send messages like this:

Public Sub SendMsg(ByVal Index As Long, ByVal Msg As String)
Dim Buffer As clsBuffer
   
    Set Buffer = New clsBuffer
    Buffer.PreAllocate Len(Msg) + 4
    Buffer.WriteInteger SSendMsg
    Buffer.WriteString Msg
    
    Call SendDataTo(Index, Buffer.ToArray)
    DoEvents
End Sub

The code there is what I currently have to send data to a custom client, not Telnet. My question is, is it possible to send that type of data to Telnet?

0 Answers
Related