How to inspect CloudShell persistent disk in Google Cloud?

Viewed 107

I'm reading:

Cloud Shell provisions 5 GB of free persistent disk storage mounted as your $HOME directory on the virtual machine instance. This storage is on a per-user basis and is available across projects. Unlike the instance itself, this storage does not time out on inactivity. All files you store in your home directory, including installed software, scripts and user configuration files like .bashrc and .vimrc, persist between sessions. Your $HOME directory is private to you and can't be accessed by other users.

However I am not able to find this persistent disk in the GUI and inspect the size and contents of it. Where does it reside in the GCP console? Can I inspect and change the specs of it. e.g. specify SSD?

1 Answers

The per-user storage is managed by Google and you cannot access it directly - only when attached to the Cloud Shell container.

Related