How to flow Net 6 Identity Authorisation to YARP Proxied Net Framework App

Viewed 256

I'm trying to use the strangler fig pattern to migrate a legacy Net Framework MVC app in stages. I heard a talk by Mark Rendle about using YARP to migrate a Webforms app this way, which was great. However, I can't find any examples anywhere of using this methodology to migrate from a Net Framework MVC app to new Net 6 MVC app.

I've managed to set up the basic proxy which is working (see example repo below). However I don't know where to begin with flowing the Identity Authentication through from the Net 6 App to the Net Framework app. I can see that the auth cookie is passed through to the proxied Net Framework app, but I don't know how to take that and say "hey use this" in the Framework app.

Links:

Any pointers on how to achieve this authentication flow would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answers
Related