GitHub PR still fails test after another merged PR fixed the failing problem

Viewed 289

We have some pull requests people have made, which fail an automated analyze test/check (the failure was not related to any change the PR did, but I think a change in the analyze or formatting checks).

Another person has since fixed the issue with a new PR which has been merged which was causing the other PRs to fail the tests.

I was expecting if I "re-run all jobs", for the original PRs to now pass, but it's still failing with the same error (that the new PR has fixed). So I'm guessing it's still looking at the previous point before the new PR was merged.

What is the flow to get around this problem? (I could possibly just merge anyway and ignore the failed analyze test, but that doesn't feel quite right ?)

1 Answers

The code in a PR is run "as is". If there was an "environmental" issue that was fixed, rerunning the jobs would indeed solve it.

In this case, another PR was merged in order to fix the problem. You should rebase your PR on top of the fix (probably on top of the main or master branch it was merged into) in order to be able to run the PR with the fixed tests.

Related