I was given some code of a previous intern and I'm supposed to find out what it does.
It is a snakemake pipeline that has a my_pipeline.yaml file which is supposed to contain all the 'general packages needed for the pipeline'
The file looks like this:
name: my_pipeline
channels:
- conda-forge
- bioconda
dependencies:
- snakemake
- perl-net-ftp
- perl-lwp-protocol-https
I googled both perl-net-ftp and perl-lwp-protocol-https but I was unable to find docs on them.
All I can gather from my limited understanding as a newbie: ftp stands for "file transfer protocol" and I definitely heard that sometime before, perl is a language (that I don't know). HTTPS is another protocol, sure...
Regarding the perl-net-ftp I even found the bioconda link but the description is unfortunately empty.
Same goes for the perl-lwp-protocol-https - the description on conda is blank.
In I see that the pipeline is using wget in the snakefile. Is it safe to assume that the 2 packages are needed inorder to run wget?
I'd be glad for an explanation for a beginner and of course documentation if your queries get better results.