I'm using GKE's Autopilot Cluster to run some kubernetes workloads. Pods getting scheduled to one of the allocated nodes is taking around 10 mins stuck in init phase. Same pod in different node is up in seconds.
deployment.yaml
apiVersion: apps/v1
kind: Deployment
metadata:
name: jobs
spec:
replicas: 1
selector:
matchLabels:
app: job
template:
metadata:
labels:
app: job
spec:
volumes:
- name: shared-data
emptyDir: {}
initContainers:
- name: init-volume
image: gcr.io/dummy_image:latest
imagePullPolicy: Always
resources:
limits:
memory: "1024Mi"
cpu: "1000m"
ephemeral-storage: "10Gi"
volumeMounts:
- name: shared-data
mountPath: /data
command: ["/bin/sh","-c"]
args:
- cp -a /path /data;
containers:
- name: job-server
resources:
requests:
ephemeral-storage: "5Gi"
limits:
memory: "1024Mi"
cpu: "1000m"
ephemeral-storage: "10Gi"
image: gcr.io/jobprocessor:latest
imagePullPolicy: Always
volumeMounts:
- name: shared-data
mountPath: /ebdata1
This happens only if container has init container. In my case, I'm copying some data from dummy container to shared volume which I'm mounting on actual container.. But whenever pods get scheduled to this particular node, it gets stuck in init phase for around 10 minutes and automatically gets resolved. I couldn't see any errors in event logs.
kubectl describe node problematic-node
Events:
Type Reason Age From Message
---- ------ ---- ---- -------
Warning SystemOOM 52m kubelet System OOM encountered, victim process: cp, pid: 477887
Warning OOMKilling 52m kernel-monitor Memory cgroup out of memory: Killed process 477887 (cp) total-vm:2140kB, anon-rss:564kB, file-rss:768kB, shmem-rss:0kB, UID:0 pgtables:44kB oom_score_adj:-997
Only message is the above warning. Is this issue caused by some misconfiguration from my side?