I am trying to do basically what it says in the title: I have created a class library (dll) using .NET 6.0 and I would like to add that as a reference in an Excel/Access VBA document. I diligently followed the steps here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/native-interop/expose-components-to-com
No matter what I try, I cannot add the resulting dll as a reference in Excel. I just keep getting the message: 'Can't add reference to the specified file'.
A bit more info: I am able to create the Assembly.comhost.dll file, and I think I have done everything correctly, but no joy.
This is rather frustrating, as doing this in .NET Framework is but a click of a couple of checkboxes. In .NET Core (.NET 6) It seems to be a bit of a nightmare. Also, being able to create a tlb from the dll was always a perfect confirmation that you would be able to add your reference in Excel.
ANY help is most welcome!
Thanks!