bcrypt rebuild stuck in dind image build

Viewed 54

As per the title, trying to build an image via dind worker (on jenkins running on kubernetes) and the RUN npm rebuild bcrypt --build-from-source command appears to get "stuck"; no additional logs to give more detail.

Remains stuck indefinitely (I've let it 'try' for over 6 hours)

Image build Logs:

10:58:57  Step 16/22 : RUN npm rebuild bcrypt --build-from-source
10:58:57   ---> Running in 0342d5df1122
10:59:00  
10:59:00  > bcrypt@5.0.1 install /usr/src/app/node_modules/bcrypt
10:59:00  > node-pre-gyp install --fallback-to-build

I've tried changing dind image versions, adding/removing dockerfile dependencies, and some others.

NOTE this builds fine on my local with docker engine v20.10.12!

Any help is appreciated!


Additional info and running versions:

dind image: 17.12.1-dind (but I've also tried 18.x.x-dind, 19.x.x-dind, and 20.x.x-dind)

jenkins version: 2.330

bcrypt version: 5.0.1

npm image version: 12.22.9-alpine

Dockerfile (with some redactions):

FROM node:12.22.9-alpine

RUN apk update && apk upgrade && \
    apk add --no-cache --virtual .builds-deps bash git build-base python3 make g++ openssh

RUN mkdir -p /usr/src/app
WORKDIR /usr/src/app

COPY package.json /usr/src/app
RUN npm install --production
RUN npm rebuild bcrypt --build-from-source  # <-- this is where it fails

RUN apk del make g++ python3 openssh

COPY src /usr/src/app/src

RUN adduser -S -u 10001 -g nodejs nodejs && chmod +x /usr/src/app

EXPOSE 3000
CMD npm start

(Note that I've added some of these dependencies in my debugging; I don't actually need them)


Additionally, this works fine with bcrypt version 2.0.1 and node 10.16.3-alpine image but I wanted to upgrade node version and therefore had to upgrade bcrypt

Thanks!

Edit: Updated some words

0 Answers
Related