I am developing a .NET6.0 console app in VisualStudio 2022. The app will run on Linux.
In project Properties/Application/General, there is a "Target OS" setting. The drop down list allows me to choose from the following OS':
There is no Linux option, so I set this to (None) and when publish the app with "Target runtime" in "Publish profile" as 'linux-x64':
...it will run on Linux no problem.
But since there is no Linux option in the drop down menu in application settings, hence my questions:
- Is this the case for everyone, or am I lacking something in my VS installation?
- Does this setting affect the builds at all - since (None) doesn't seem to have any effect and the settings in publish profile seem to have the last word anyway.
- Is (None) setting fine if I want to publish for Linux, or will there be any ramifications?

